The private pilot certificate is the certificate held by most active pilots. It allows Command of any aircraft (subject to appropriate ratings) for any non‐commercial purpose, and gives almost unlimited authority to fly under visual flight rules (VFR). The certification will allow the carriage of passengers and flight in furtherance of a Business is permitted; however, a private pilot may not be compensated in any way For services as a pilot. if your interest in flying is limited to fair weather days, the Private pilot certificate will meet your needs. if your goal is to become a professional Pilot or to fly for business purposes, or to fly in less than fair weather, you will need to earn additional ratings and certificates, all available at Jacobs Flight Services, LLC.
- Be at least 17 years of age (16 years of age to solo)
- Read, speak, write and understand english
- Be a US citizen
- If not a US citizen, have TSA clearance
- Hold at least a third class medical certificate
- Hold a student pilot certificate
Log 40 hours of flight time that includes:
- 20 hours flight training from an authorized instructor that includes:
- 3 hours of cross-country flight training
- 3 hours of night flight training that includes: One cross-country over 100 NM total distance, 10 takeoffs and full stop landings in the traffic pattern
- 3 hours of basic attitude instrument training
- 10 hours solo flight time that includes
- 5 hours of solo cross-country flight time that includes: one solo cross-country of at least 150 NM with stops at a minimum of three points, (one segment must be at least 50 NM) with three takeoffs and landings to a full stop tower.
- 3 hours flight training in preparation for the practical flight test
- Completion of the required airman knowledge exam
Download Price List
Pricing: The packaged course prices contain the FAA/TCO minimum required flight and ground training. Any additional training will be billed at the normal hourly rate as stated in the JFS enrollment agreement. Course duration depends on many factors to include: study habits, aptitude, weather, etc. JFS reserves the right to alter the prices listed on this rate sheet under the following circumstances but not limited to, variations in fuel prices, airport landing charges if applicable, FAA exam fees, repeating tests or exams and requests for additional tuition and classroom time.